Monday, April 8, 2013

Mexico


Some Grandma’s pay for college, others go all out at birthdays and Christmas… My Grandma, well she likes to take us on vacation. Over the past couple of years she has taken (and paid for) 18-20 of us to Jamaica, Bahamas, Dominican Republic and Mexico.  We are a busy family and she knows one way to get us all together is take us somewhere tropical :).

We are so blessed.

This trip was a little harder then most because my Grandma’s dementia has gotten a lot worse, even just over the past couple of months. This trip was probably the last one we will be able to take with her, and I’m really glad we were able to do it.  She is one of the most fun people I know and she’ll be 80 in October!! She loves Jesus, her family, beer and the Steelers. She was a principal for many many years and raised two amazing kids (one being my Dad).

The week was spent mostly just relaxing and spending time together as a family. I brought my “good” camera but ended up using my phone for most of the trip! Some of my favorite parts were, of course, the free food and drink, riding gold carts all over Isla Mujeres, running with the sunset Easter morning, having my own room with Weston (this was the first family vacay as a married couple :)), our personal hammock on the porch, the 85 degree weather, sun, sand, palm trees, and summer clothes all week!! Mexico is also where Weston and I honeymooned in July so it will always have a special place in my heart. 

Here are some iPhone pics from the trip! One day I’ll get around to uploading the rest.



2AM wake up call to get to Philly by 6... this was needed.
Somewhere over Jamaica!! Getting excited!!

Someone needs some color... bad.
Sunset and Palm Trees... Sigh.

main sqeeze. 
INSTAX!
Easter morning run with the sunset!!
Take me back?
More Instax!

The colors made my heart happy.

Grandma <3.
So in love with this guy.
Clear water!! 
My family was making fun of me for this, but how cool are the doors?!



Grandma held a sea turtle!!
My little (and not so little) munchkins!


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
xoxo Mrs. Parrett

4 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! The beach, those colors, family. Looks like it all added up to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that looks like PARADISE.

    I am mighty jealous. I could so go for a tropical vacation right now, but I mean really who couldn't? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute paradise, so so jealous!
    Your Grandma sounds just like my Nanna, she loves getting us all together & going on holidays, wouldn't have it any other way!

    Love your blog :)
    Elisse
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww these are such gorgeous photos! I loved Mexico when I went last year too.

    Would appreciate it if you check out my blog
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete